CSMIA records 2500 metric ton cargo EXIM during festive season

The Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) announced a surge in cargo shipments, with an additional volume of 2,500 metric tons of goods processed during the festive season of 2023. Amongst the different cargo categories from CSMIA, the e-commerce sector marked a 87 per cent year-on-year increase. There was also 64 per cent movement in outbound domestic cargo and 36 per cent movement in inbound domestic cargo. In terms of volume for international and domestic cargo, the overall surge distribution leaned towards domestic shipments that accounted for 56 per cent, while international cargo made up for the remaining 44 per cent.